Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Tonya R. Taylor
Occupation: Savvy Online Business Builder
Twitter Handle: @SavvyBizBuilder
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Savvy, Simple, Results-Driven
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I have a way of making technology not so scary by breaking down how to use it in bite-sized nuggets of information in common speak that get results.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences?
1) Cupcakes – eating them not baking
2) Playing Words With Friends
3) Spending too much time in front of the computer
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Receiving a business card where someone uses a free email address (like gmail or hotmail) even though the owner has their own domain.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
I would have dinner with President Obama to hear first hand his story of having the audacity of hope, the ultimate belief in yes you can and what it’s “really” like to be the first African-American President.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
The internet is filled with people and businesses who perform similar services. Having a powerful personal brand builds the know-like-trust factor and makes me stand out as a leader and industry expert.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Understand the power of your online presence (which includes your website and social media profiles) as a marketing tool. Using it properly allows you to compete with any size company big or small.