Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Natalie MacNeil
Occupation: Emmy Award-winning Producer, Bestselling Author, and Creator of She Takes on the World
Twitter Handle: @nataliemacneil
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Authentic, Strategic, Revolutionary
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I am living on purpose and encouraging others to do the same by giving the best of me to the world.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
1) World travel is the big one!
3) Soy Green Tea Lattes
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people say, “You’re so lucky” in reference to my success. Make no mistake, my success is a direct result of hard work and having the audacity to pursue my dreams.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
Amelia Earhart without a doubt. She was such a strong woman and trailblazer, and like many people I have a fascination with her story.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
Having a powerful personal brand puts you in the driver’s seat of your own life. It opens doors that otherwise wouldn’t be open to you!
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Break away from the same-old and take a risk with your next marketing campaign. Make bolder statements, take a strong stand and form an opinion. Sparking a little controversy and igniting a conversation is an amazing way to get press and further build your brand.