Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Melanie Roche
Occupation: Energy Healer
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Accessible, Authentic, Integrity
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less.
I’m a “bridge person,” able to help my clients connect the dots between physical symptoms, emotional issues, the worlds of medicine and healing. I do this through being curious about each person and listening with my whole body as I give healings and lead workshops.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences?
Great haircuts, exploring new beauty products and time spent sitting near water, writing in my journal.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People treating each other in mean ways.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
Frida Kahlo—she followed her own path. Painted her own way. Depicted her inner state in highly personal images which resonate with others.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
So I can communicate the benefits of energy healing to people and the embodied way I listen and work with clients.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Be yourself and spend most of your time getting excellent at what you’re marketing.