Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Malorie Kaye
Occupation: Publicist & President of Cameo Public Relations
Twitter Handle: @cameopr
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Spirited, Authentic, Fearless
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I am willing to do whatever it takes to make things happen, my work is the core of my being and even if it means moving mountains I will find a way to build the brands I believe in.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
2) More Shoes
3) Even more shoes and a few days at the spa thrown in to the mix.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I really have no tolerance for accepting mediocrity. Everyone has the ability to be great and there is no reason to settle for anything less. Figure out what it is you love and do everything in your power to be the best at it.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
Diane Von Furstenberg and Donna Karan equally intrigue and inspire me. The way they built brands from the ground up, during times when few women were empowered, and kept the momentum going through multiple generations, constantly evolving and changing with the times and becoming true, long-lasting, icons in both fashion and business. Simply incredible.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
I have always had an insatiable appetite for crossing boundaries and creating something long lasting and unique. My mind never stops running and I needed my own outlet, a way to have endless possibilities and opportunities to get my hands dirty in an industry I’ve always loved so deeply.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Don’t let anything scare you. Go out and believe that your passion will break down walls and never stop working to achieve new goals and change with the times. It is all about re-inventing yourself over and over.