Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Laura Fenamore
Occupation: Body Image and Weight Release Coach
Twitter Handle: @onepinky
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Love Your Body
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
My business is actually my life’s assignment. I didn’t choose it; it chose me…through my life experience. At age 24, I was morbidly obese, an alcoholic, depressed, and suicidal and the message I heard was “if you listen to me, I will lead you.” I listened to that voice and now at age 49, I lead women from self-hatred to self-love. It is powerful.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
1) Café Gratitude Desserts
2) Chai Tea from Good Earth
3) My favorite black teas (Jasmine Green) feel like total indulgence
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Toss up between, ignorance or when people use money as an excuse because they are not ready to commit.
5) If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
Rosie O’Donnell, for about 20 years I have felt that she and I are meant to meet. I feel it in my bones and I do not know why.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
It is a way of connecting with your tribe, with your community, with those who you can serve. I see my brand as a way to be seen, heard and remembered.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Slow and steady wins the race. The “rush” to be #1 will most likely not get you there. Do good work, follow your heart and people will find you. I am so grateful that I found SheBrand.