Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Justine Musk
Occupation: Writer/Blogger/Creativity Provocateur
Twitter Handle: @justinemusk
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Bold, Intellectual, Edgy
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I inspire you to live and work from your soul, to push against the status quo when necessary, to find your voice and tell your story before someone tells it for you.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
1) Hanging out and drinking wine (or not) with girlfriends
2) Clicking around YouTube for stuff that makes me laugh
3) Rocking out in my car to rock, dance + dubstep
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people try to control you. No thanks.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
At this moment I’d say Marilyn Monroe, because I’m reading Lois Banner’s biography on her and it’s fascinating. She was fierce in her own way, a rebel and a nonconformist. She paid a heavy price for that – women often did.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
It enables me to be a creative entrepreneur, to connect directly with my readership, to have more freedom in what I write and more control over how and when I present it to the world.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Create a story around your product/service that appeals to your ideal customer’s higher values. Be interesting and walk your talk.