Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Amy T. Wister
Occupation: Founder & CEO of The Stylist Online, LLC
Twitter Handle: @thestylistllc
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Integrity, Compassion, Heroic
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I am an expert at assessing body types and building a wardrobe of shapes that accentuate your assets and conceal trouble spots. Adding style, artistry and color to your unique canvas within your budget is my specialty.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences?
2) Southern Living Magazine
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Lack of follow through.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
It would have to be Mother Teresa. I’d love to hear first hand how she stayed true to her mission despite cultural and political pressures. I would ask what daily practices helped her stay the course, and who her mentors were, and why.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
It’s important to me, because it’s important to my clients; clients’ trust who you are when “who you are” is your brand (no surprises). Your brand is at its best when you consistently role model its characteristics. In order to do that, the characteristics must be aligned with “who you are”.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
You are your brand; everyday, everywhere. Be intentional and disciplined about marketing your brand – which means – have a clear message, a plan and set of goals. Most importantly, stick to them!