Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Lisa Elia
Occupation: Publicist (CEO of Lisa Elia Public Relations)
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less.
I bring my full self to whatever I’m doing and give as much as I can to help others succeed.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences?
Silly TV shows and movies, like The Hangover, Community, Seinfeld re-runs
Getting massages (Or, is that a necessity?)
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
I’d like to have dinner with my maternal grandfather, who died when I was only a year old. I’d want to learn about how he had the courage to move to America from his small farm in Italy, without understanding English, and how he built himself up to not only be a successful business owner, but also someone who helped find the money and resources to help other family members and friends start their own businesses. He was very well-respected, kind and compassionate. I’m glad to have some of his blood running through my veins.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
People get a feeling for you based on your brand and this is how they know whether or not they resonate with you and may want to work with you.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Learn to deliver your message clearly and powerfully first and then spread it wide and far.